The original piece of glass from the old rear door will be reused in the new door. It needed a good clean up to remove the original sealant. Amazingly, the sealant not exposed to the elements was still tacky after all these years.
I bought some foam sealant strip and applied this to the metal frame. The glass butts against this and held in place by 6 aluminium angle brackets screwed into the frame. About as simple as it gets…
So what’s left to do:
- Repair / replace fuel sender (means removing the fuel tank)
- Wire up the 2 aux sockets direct to the battery
- Rear door lock
- Rear door trim
- Interior roof lining
- Interior light
- Remove and refit the roof on the driveway
- Obtain some temporary plates and go for a test drive
- Abgase test (emissions test)
- Apply for the safety test
- Have an adventure…
Wow! Getting close now; looks the business
Thanks Phil. Very pleased to see it all back together again.