A new lease of life is bought to the new old stock safari sun sheet from PA Blanchards in the UK 🙂
As mentioned in other posts, the replacement sun sheet is an ex-military item for use on a “hard top” vehicle so the 4 domes (that allow the roof vents in the main roof to open) had to be removed from the battered original sun sheet and let into the new one.
Some drilling, grinding and cutting ensued. Cutting such thin aluminium is easy enough but it’s plenty noisy. As the weather was clement enough for the LGL to sit on the drive for the day, I also managed to spray it with a coat of primer
Once the riveting was done, an hour and half was spent with some wet and dry to rub down the rough corroded surface… and remove the 50 years of dirt accumulated whilst in storage
Busy schedule tomorrow, but hopefully I find time to spray the Limestone top coat… Watch this space for part 5 of the roof build.